Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pattern

MAN MADE



This image works for man made patterns because the stairs create a diverse pattern along with the poles. When i took this image it required me to get down a little lower than the straight on eye sight angle and i tilted the camera a bit to make the pole closest to me straight on the edge of the photo. The most successful thing about this photo is the angle because it makes it more interesting.


This image works for man made patterns because the diamond weave fence makes an on going pattern. I took this image with the lens close up to the fence and pointed it out so that the fence would fade out in the background. Ther most successful thing about this image is the way it fades but still allows you to know what you're looking at.

NATURAL

I Think this photo works for patterns because the lines the flowers create make a blurred pattern in the background, of vertical lines. And because of the color, its easier to define that they are in fact all the same thing. I took this image from a straight on angle and focused on the one cosest to the lens. I think the most successful thing about this image is the time of day and the way i got the sunlight to where there were no shadows.














This photo works for patterns becasue the way the water is rippling. It creates a million little criss cross lines. I took this photo from a slight overhead angle which gave me a better view of the lines. The most successful part of this image is how theres pretty much no glare off the water.

WELL


















I used  a close up effect on the grate around the vending machine and faded it out. I think i did this well cause it draws your attention to my main focal point and it has a cool reflection in the back from the vending machine glass.

IMPROVE



















When i took this photo the focusing got messed up and didnt focus on what i wanted it to so instead of a pretty green leaf its now a giant, green, unatractive blob. To improve this photo i need to focus better and make sure i capture the right subject.


For our next project my goal is going to be to make my photo's more interesting but also very simple at the same time. I plan to use more diverse angles and not have so many distractions in the photo but just try and capture only the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment